Mon, Jan 15|
PSV High School Council/Teen Committee Hosts MLK Volunteer Day
Join the PSV High School Council and Teen Committee as they lead PSV's team in participating in the MLK 2024 Volunteer Festival! This event is for thousands of volunteers and features a range of hands-on activities for participants -- PSV will volunteer together as a team. Scroll down for more info.
Time & Location
Jan 15, 2024, 11:30 AM – 3:00 PM PST
LA Coliseum, 3911 S Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90037, USA
About The Event
We are signed up as a PSV team (Team Name: Private School Village) -- here's what you need to do to join us:
- Sign up here on the PSV website by RSVPing.
- Once we add your name/email address to our Team, you will get an email from LA Works, the event organizer, prompting you to create an account and complete registration for the event. That email will arrive in your inbox from "email@example.com" with the subject line: "You have been added to a volunteer team." You MUST have an account ("register") with LA Works in order to get a QR Code which is needed for express entrance on January 15. Please note that the LA Works website can be confusing -- you can find the "register" and "login" links in the upper right corner of their event homepage at https://volunteer.laworks.com/ (you may have to move the screen up/down with your mouse in order for the links to appear). If you don't see an email from LA Works, go here to create an account and follow the same prompts re: registering for an account -- https://volunteer.laworks.com/volunteer-sign-up.
- Once you create an LA Works account, you can access your express entry QR Code by logging in and going to "Volunteer > Volunteer Overview > click Volunteer Account Overview." Click on "Access Pass" under the "Take Action on MLK Day" Opportunity. Again, you will need your QR Code for express entrance on January 15.
- The PSV team will meet in on the corner of S. Coliseum Dr. (the corner btwn BMO Stadium and the LA Coliseum) at 11:30 am. Look for volunteers wearing PSV brown/tan t-shirts and gear.
- This event is primarily for high school students. If you also want to include other children, for children from grade six to grade eight, the requirement is one adult per every 8 children so please plan to accompany your child.
- Any volunteer under the age of 18 will need a signed parental consent form to participate. Print out this event waiver and sign it and bring it with you on January 15. Here is the waiver -- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NFq6bGhCNiLwqZ58WlWfeRvuVHYFiwqT/view.
- WHAT’S REQUIRED:
- Please come dressed in comfortable clothing and closed-toe shoes.
- You may be asked to stand and/or walk around for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift at least 15 lbs. and a bit of stamina!
- An energized and positive attitude!
- Bring your fully charged phone.
- A refillable water bottle.
- If you have dietary restrictions please bring your own snacks.
- There will be food and merch for purchase at the event.
- The Coliseum prohibits bags, backpacks and other containers from entering the venue, with the following exceptions: One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”, or a one-gallon clear plastic storage bag (Ziploc bag or similar). You may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
Parking: Festival volunteer participants should enter the Green parking lot from Martin Luther King Blvd. It is a $15 parking fee charged by the Expo Park.